Juan Ortiz ÚrculoContacto
Partner of Cremades & Calvo-Sotelo since june 2009, His professional career focused on the field of the Penal law.
In 1997 he was appointed Court Prosecutor and Chief Prosecutor of the Special Prosecutor Office for the Prevention and Suppression of Drugs Traffic, where he remained until 2000.
In 1996 he was appointed Chief State Prosecutor, position he held until May 1997, when he returned to his destination as Prosecutor of the Constitutional Court.
He is democratically elected as President of the Association of Prosecutors (1989-1996).
He served as Prosecutor in the “Audiencias” (nowadays “Tribunales Superiores de Justicia”) in Bilbao, Barcelona and Madrid.
In 1982 he was sent by the Chief State Prosecutor to Paris, where he undertook a course of six months (January to June) at the French School of Magistrates along with French judges on French procedural law and especially on French criminal proceedings.
In 1977 he was appointed Inspector General of the Ministry of Education where he stayed for six months; he just worked on two files during the first Government of the Monarchy.
From 1975 to 1984 he was Prosecutor of the “Audiencia Territorial de Madrid” (nowadays “Tribunal Superior de Justicia de la Comunidad de Madrid”); in 1984 he was appointed Prosecutor of the Constitutional Court where he remained until 1996.
1967 - Actuality
Cursos y Docencia
- PhD courses: Universidad Complutense de Madrid: 1975/1976: (Highest rating).
- Has been University Professor of the Faculty of Business Professor Uría, University Complutense de Madrid, Curso 1967-68.
- Assistant Professor of Criminal Law Chair Professor Pérez Vitoria, the University of Barcelona, Course 1968/1969.
- University Lecturer in Criminal Law at the Universidad de Deusto (Bilbao), Course 1971 to 1975.
- Assistant Professor of Law, the Chair of Professor Aurelio Menéndez, University Autónoma de Madrid, Course 1975/1976.
- Professor of ICADE (Madrid): Courses 1987 and 1994.
- Professor at the University Students Center (CEU), Madrid, Cursos 1979/1980, 1980/1981.
- Assistant Professor and Lecturer in the Department of Criminal Law at the Autonomous University of Madrid since the 1977 course, then later as Associate Professor until 1999, this University has been involved in various seminars in their specialty.
- Professor at the Judicial College Courses in 1982, 1983, 1985, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005.